
Over the past year many seemingly small but large in my eyes, new things have been changing. To start with you started taking motrin without the infant dropper and now use the measuring cup willingly. You sat with me and ate soup for lunch which is something outside your traditional menu. You look for me in the morning if you wake up after me. You use to just hang out by yourself upstairs and get in to everything until I came upstairs. Now you come down and join us! You take a shower practically on your own now. I just help in the beginning to wash your hair which you don't love. Then I get out the soap and you put your hand out to wash your body yourself. Then I leave you in the shower for some time to hang out in your favorite space with water. You have some new words that you use on a pretty regular basis. Some are harder to detect than others. We need to keep our listening ears open and continue to have a party whenever you use them! They are: ball, mom, dad, more, stop, bye, spin, drink, squeeze, open, up, hug, outside (this one is tough to make out) and go. You seek out tons of physical hugs and squeezes thru the day that help you avoid outbursts...so glad we learned about this from Kat....Love it! Not too shabby for a few months of a full time Son-Rise program under our belts!
Comments