Memories

Lately I have been very nostalgic. Delighting in old photos of the kids and the past with our family. It makes sense for me, since I am about to change our families whole life by getting a divorce from my husband. This picture is from Riley's graduation from DDI at 5 years old. This school was an intense ABA instruction school. Riley really became so discouraged at this school because he lost any motivation to learn. I had him signed up to go to a local public school in a self contained class after the summer at this point. Little did I know that it would be another of 2 schools that would fail Riley. I took it all in to my hands after the next year and began to learn Son-Rise. Life was easier back then when Riley attended school out of the home. Homeschooling can be intense and leaves little me time. Despite these obstacles, I remain hopeful for Riley and with his gains however small, I continue on. When I say I, I mean I. Tim, my husband has been little to not involved in his program. It breaks my heart that he will not take this time to help Riley in his playroom. He gave up on Riley a long time ago. He had the nerve to ask me recently "When are you going to get it that he is not going to do any better?" I said never...I am never giving up on our son. So stick it...I just added that last sentence for fun. It makes me laugh. I think I am going to do the next few posts this week while I am in this mood about Riley as he was from an infant until now. And add in how his sister and brother faired each step.

Comments

Popular Posts